2014-15 Flu Shot Season
Get a Free Flu Shot at Your Local Pharmacy
Look no further than your local drug store to get a free flu shot! Just show your Key Advantage or TLC HDHP plan ID card to the pharmacist to get flu shots at no cost for you and covered family members. Anthem administers the prescription drug program for both Key Advantage and TLC HDHP, and utilizes the Express Scripts network of pharmacies for claims filed under your prescription drug benefit.
Follow these steps:
- Visit the link for your health plan to find participating pharmacies and other providers.
- If your retail drug store is shown as participating with your health plan, call them to verify that you may receive the flu shot at no cost and ask when flu shots will be available.
- Once you have the information, go to the pharmacy and present your Key Advantage or TLC HDHP health plan ID card.
- Get your flu shot at no charge. It is covered by your prescription drug benefit.
Be sure to get your flu shot from the participating pharmacy and not from a third party vendor who may be holding a clinic at the store.
Check the link to your plan below for a list of local participating pharmacies. Your employer location may be working with a local pharmacy to provide free flu shots onsite. Be sure to ask about local schedules. Kaiser Permanente HMO plan members (link) have access to free flu shots at participating Kaiser medical centers.
- Key Advantage and TLC HDHP(see tabs)
- Given at Anthem/Express Scripts participating pharmacy chains and selected independents (see the Q&A)